Monday, December 14, 2009

Fire and ice fireplace, fire and ice fireplace glass



Fire And Ice Fireplace
Fire And Ice Fireplace:A series of house fires — some tied to a cold snap that has settled into the Tulsa area — damaged several homes Thursday night,

Fire and Ice Fireplace-Why Everyone is Raving abouut Fire on Ice?
Wonder what a fire and ice fireplace is? I, myself, is intrigued of how this fire and ice fireplaces can work because water and fire will surely not mix. Well, fire and ice fireplaces are not necessarily using real ice but it's glass. ...


Fire And Ice Fireplace
Fire And Ice Fireplace:A series of house fires — some tied to a cold snap that has settled into the Tulsa area — damaged several homes Thursday night, underscoring the need for fire safety during chilly weather, authorities said. ...

Fire and Ice Fireplace — All New
Fire and ice fireplace sounds absurd right? Wrong! There exists such a fireplace where fire can burn with ice as its fuel. Well, in reality this is just a play of words. The “Ice” as seen from the picture above is actually glass (tricky ...

Fire and Ice Fireplace for Your Home This Christmas В« just another ...
Get the fire and ice fireplace. I'm not too old nearly this attribute so I prefab a activity roughly it and recovered out that blast and ice fireplaces are one of the newest creativity when you require to cordial your concern during the ...

Fire and Ice Fireplace
Fire and Ice Fireplace: It's been a year, but memories of last December's ice storm and its aftermath are as vivid to the locals as if it happened yesterday. Residents of Lunenburg and Fitchburg are still talking about what happened to ...

Fire and ice fireplace
In Tulsa there have been a series of house fires which seem to have been set by an unusual thing, a cold snap. The cold snap which started the fires on.

Fire On Ice Fireplace
FIRE on ICE В® is a revolutionary fireplace accessory product invented by Mark Georgantas, South Coast Entrepreneur of the Year 2000 ..... FIRE on ICE В® is.

Fire And Ice Fireplace
A series of house fires — some tied to a cold snap that has settled into the Tulsa area — damaged several homes Thursday night, underscoring the need.

Using Transitions in paragraph.....HELP PLEASE.....?
Please help me, these are sample homework questions from the Barrons (how to prepare for SAT Physics 8th edition). any help will be appreciated. I have done some but I'm not sure of my answers. If anyone has the book and wants to post the answers, that's great also. Thank you! 1. Radiation is the chief method of energy transfer a. from the sun to an earth satellite b. from a gas flame to water in a teakettle c. from a soldering iron to metals being soldered. d. from water to an ice cube floating in it e. from a mammal to the surrounding air. 2. of the processes below, the one in which practically all the heat transfer is by conduction is: a. from the sun to an earth satellite b. from a gas flame to the top layer of water in a teakettle. c. from a soldering iron to metals being soldered d. from the bottom of a glass of water to an ice cube floating in it. e. from a mammal to the surrounding air. 3. two kg of water are heated by stirring, if this raises the temperature of the water from 15ЛљC to 25ЛљC, how much work, in joules, was done to the water by the stirring? a. 20,000 b. 40,000 c. 60,000 d. 80,000 e. 100,000 5. In a certain steam engine, the average pressure on the piston during a stroke is 50 N/m2. The length of each stroke is 12 cm, the area of the piston is 120 cm2 and the diameter of the flywheel is 5m. the amount of work done on the piston during each stroke is, in N-m, approximatelyy a. 250 b.0.072 c. 0.54 d.1.63 e. 12.62 6. the work done to a system is characterized as a. positive b. negative c. either positive or negative d. indeterminate e. of no consequence 7. which of the following can actually lower the internal energy (cool) a room? a. fan b. refrigerator with door open c. refrigerator with door closed d. an air conditioner in the middle of the room e. an air conditional partially exposed to the outside 8. 30 joules of heat flow into a system. the system in turn does 50 J of work. The internal energy of the system has a. increased by 80 J b. decreased by 80 J c. increased by 20 J d. decreased by 20 J e. remained constant 9. dark, rough objects are generally good for a. conduction b. radiation c. convection d. reflection e. refraction 10. dark plastic handles are often used on kitchen utensilsbecausee a. the black material is a good radiator b. the plastic is a good insulator c. theplasticic is a good conductor d. the plastic softens gradually with excessive heat. e. the material is thermoplastic 11. a person seated in front of a fire in a fireplace receives heachieflyly by a. convection of carbon dioxide b. convection of carbon monoxide c. convection of air d. conduction e. radiation 12. if friction inegligibleble, when a gas is compressed rapidly a. its temperature remains the same b. its temperature goes down c. its temperature rises d. it liquefied e. work is done by the gas

simple physics multiple choice questions (on heat) ! please help!?
A few towns and cities near my own are getting power outages from this ice storm and I was just wondering what I needed to prepare in case this happens to me within the next few hours. So far, I have two flashlights, one lantern, and 107 candles for light and tons of wood for the fire place. I also have extra batteries, three lighters, and a pack of matches for the candles and fireplace. As for food, when the power goes out, so does the fridge. We do have bread, peanut butter, jelly, fluff, cereals and snack foods. We also have some canned fruit and some canned soups that I suppose if worst comes to worst we can cook over the fire. We have tons of blankets and are all keeping our phones on the charger until the last possible second. Am I missing anything? Is there anything else I should be prepared for? The news said to expect power outages to continue for several days. Thanks for any help (: P.S. I do know that this has nothing to do with pregnancy but I simply put this question within this category because there always seems to be more people answering questions here.

how to prepare for a power outage during an ice storm?
i moved to a new home where there is fireplace. I have a 2 year old mutt. He was in the living room alone. My dog then touched the hot grill or the fire itself with his paw. He then made a very loud groan and agonizing noise. I came down to see, and his paw looked horribly charred. I don't know how to comfort him for now. He does not let me apply ice on it. I will take him to vet in the morning. I want to know why the hell did he put his paw on fire?

Why did my dog put his paw in the fire?
Product Warnings: "Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information in the information booklet." -- In the information booklet. "Caution: The contents of this bottle should not be fed to fish." -- On a bottle of shampoo for dogs. "For external use only!" -- On a curling iron. "Warning: This product can burn eyes." -- On a curling iron. "Do not use in shower." -- On a hair dryer. "Do not use while sleeping." -- On a hair dryer. "Do not use while sleeping or unconscious." -- On a hand-held massaging device. "Do not place this product into any electronic equipment." -- On the case of a chocolate CD in a gift basket. "Recycled flush water unsafe for drinking." -- On a toilet at a public sports facility in Ann Arbor, Michigan. "Shin pads cannot protect any part of the body they do not cover." -- On a pair of shin guards made for bicyclists. "This product not intended for use as a dental drill." -- On an electric rotary tool. "Caution: Do not spray in eyes." -- On a container of underarm deodorant. "Do not drive with sunshield in place." -- On a cardboard sunshield that keeps the sun off the dashboard. "Caution: This is not a safety protective device." -- On a plastic toy helmet used as a container for popcorn. "Do not use near fire, flame, or sparks." -- On an "Aim-n-Flame" fireplace lighter. "Battery may explore or leak." -- On a battery. See a scanned image. "Do not eat toner." -- On a toner cartridge for a laser printer. "Not intended for highway use." -- On a 13-inch wheel on a wheelbarrow. "This product is not to be used in bathrooms." -- On a Holmes bathroom heater. "May irritate eyes." -- On a can of self-defense pepper spray. "Eating rocks may lead to broken teeth." -- On a novelty rock garden set called "Popcorn Rock." "Caution! Contents hot!" -- On a Domino's Pizza box. "Caution: Hot beverages are hot!" -- On a coffee cup. "Caution: Shoots rubber bands." -- On a product called "Rubber Band Shooter." "Warning: May contain small parts." -- On a frisbee. "Do not use orally." -- On a toilet bowl cleaning brush. "Please keep out of children." -- On a butcher knife. "Not suitable for children aged 36 months or less." -- On a birthday card for a 1 year old. "Do not recharge, put in backwards, or use." -- On a battery. "Warning: Do not use on eyes." -- In the manual for a heated seat cushion. "Do not look into laser with remaining eye." -- On a laser pointer. "Do not use for drying pets." -- In the manual for a microwave oven. "For use on animals only." -- On an electric cattle prod. "For use by trained personnel only." -- On a can of air freshener. "Keep out of reach of children and teenagers." -- On a can of air freshener. "Remember, objects in the mirror are actually behind you." -- On a motorcycle helmet-mounted rear-view mirror. "Warning: Riders of personal watercraft may suffer injury due to the forceful injection of water into body cavities either by falling into the water or while mounting the craft." -- In the manual for a jetski. "Warning: Do not climb inside this bag and zip it up. Doing so will cause injury and death." -- A label inside a protective bag (for fragile objects), which measures 15cm by 15cm by 12cm. "Do not use as ear plugs." -- On a package of silly putty. "Please store in the cold section of the refrigerator." -- On a bag of fresh grapes in Australia. "Warning: knives are sharp!" -- On the packaging of a sharpening stone. "Not for weight control." -- On a pack of Breath Savers. "Twist top off with hands. Throw top away. Do not put top in mouth." -- On the label of a bottled drink. "Theft of this container is a crime." -- On a milk crate. "Do not use intimately." -- On a tube of deodorant. "Warning: has been found to cause cancer in laboratory mice." -- On a box of rat poison. "Fragile. Do not drop." -- Posted on a Boeing 757. "Cannot be made non-poisonous." -- On the back of a can of de-icing windshield fluid. "Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage." -- On a portable stroller. "Excessive dust may be irritating to shin and eyes." -- On a tube of agarose powder, used to make gels. "Look before driving." -- On the dash board of a mail truck. "Do not iron clothes on body." -- On packaging for a Rowenta iron. "Do not drive car or operate machinery." -- On Boot's children's cough medicine. "For indoor or outdoor use only." -- On a string of Christmas lights. "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." -- On a child sized Superman costume. "This door is alarmed from 7:00pm - 7:00am." -- On a hospital's outside access door. "Beware! To touch these wires is instant death. Anyone found doing so will be prosecuted." -- On a sign at a railroad station. "Warning: do not use if you have prostate problems." -- On a box of Midol PMS relief tablets. "Product will be hot after heating." -- On

which'of'these'waring'labels are'the/dumbest?
I visitor friend has been asking me about the Yule log and Santa Clause as they do not really celebrate Christmas where he is from and these things are not related to Christ. I have explained Christmas was already a pagan festival known as yule - but doing a bit of research on the web I am now curious about Thors connection to Yule and Santa So did Thor ride through the sky with two goats as this website suggests? Any suggestions for easily available books on Thor? Mythologist Helene Adeline Guerber traced Santa to the Norse God Thor in her work Myths of Northern Lands. Even today in Sweden, Thor represents Santa Claus. Most other Santa researchers also believe that the trait of Santa was borrowed from Norse (Scandinavian) God Thor. Accordingly, Thor was the God of the peasants and the common people. He was a friendly, jovial old man, of heavy build with long beard. His element was fire and his colour red. He drove in a chariot drawn by two white goats. He was fighting the giants of ice and snow and thus became the Yule God. He lived in the North Pole, where he had his palace among the icebergs! The fireplace in every home was sacred to him and he is said to come down through the chimney in to his element Fire!! He is the most celebrated and worshiped Pagan God and a day in the week was named after him as "Thursday"

Is Santa Claus really Thor and Yule(Christmas) his festival for the common people?
Everything was perfect. My father, mother and I were resting comfortably in our room. The snow masked all sound, and I was watching it fall from the strangely shaped window above my strange-smelling motel bed. I sighed as I turned my pillow over, trying to find the cold side. Besides some ice and disagreements over what music to play, the drive to Vermont was relatively uneventful. I blared my iPod half the trip, while my wonderful father interrupted me every ten minutes of so to point out some herd of farm animals or a funny license plate. It was a relief to me and my bladder when we finally reached our destination: the Andirons Lodge. While the room was fairly small, it was cozy. I could imagine a fire blazing in the little fireplace. And anyway, we were too tired to care (and our legs were too cramped from the three hour trip). Suddenly, I was jolted awake by the sound which was the equivalent of a motor-boat engine or a low flying plane: my father’s snoring. I popped in my mother’s earplugs and tried to get back to sleep. I woke up to the sound of my father trying to push the door open and the sight of the tundra outside my window. I looked at the red numbers on the alarm clock: 11 o’clock. “DAD! Why didn’t you wake me up?! We should be on the slopes by now!” “THIS GODDAMN DOOR WON’T FRIGGING OPEN!!” Father’s head was beginning to resemble a ripe tomato. There was sweat on his brow as he pushed the stubborn door with all his might. “Dad, I think we’ve established the door won’t open…” I realized that my mouth tasted like morning breath. I ventured into the bathroom to find a nice toothbrush and some mouthwash, but the only thing on the sink was Mom’s hairdryer. I went back into the bedroom and tore through my suitcase, but no toothbrush could be found. Dad was laying on the bed, hitting his head against the headboard. “We’re stuck in here until the goddamn plow comes.” He moaned. “Dad, would you happen to know where my toothbrush is?” “How would I know? Hey, that actually sounds like a good idea. I’ll be right back.” Dad walked the five steps from the bed to the bathroom and came back red-faced. “DIANE! CHRISTINA! WHICH ONE OF YOU HAS MY TOOTHBRUSH?!” Mom and I both claimed innocence (after all, why would we want his toothbrush?), but Father still insisted on going through our suitcases too. Mom asked Father where the last place he saw it was. “Erm… at home I suppose…” Dad smacked himself in the forehead, and began to take on his characteristic red-purple color. With Dad and I both having no toothbrush, mouthwash, or mints, we were left with horrible bad breath. “Hey, Diane?” my father asked, “would YOU happen to have a toothbrush?” “No!” Mother replied hurriedly, “I couldn’t find mine either this morning.” Now, my mother is a terrible liar, so Dad and I exchanged an excited glance. I walked up to her and discovered that she had surprisingly minty-fresh breath. Dad and I waited for Mom to get up to use the facilities, and then we immediately ransacked the room. We flipped things over, and looked in the most obscure places for the toothbrush in question. “FOUND IT!” I yelled. Mom had hidden her toothbrush under her pillow! Mother burst out of the bathroom. “Give… me… my… TOOTHBRUSH!” Mother ran at me at full speed. I threw the toothbrush to Dad, and followed him into the bathroom. We immediately locked the door. Mom shimmied the handle, and then proceded to bang on the door. “Jim! Open this door this instant! You cannot use my toothbrush!” Dad and I have very selective hearing, so we both proceeded to brush our teeth. We walked out of the bathroom with shiny teeth, fresh breath, and smiles on our faces. “Are you two quite satisfied?” she disdainfully asked. We responded only with devilish grins as we sat down on the small couch to watch bad TV. I know, i already posted this, but i didnt get enough feedback the first time, and this paper is due tommorow. this is a true story, btw, and I know its disgusting.

Feedback on this story?
Everything was perfect. My father, mother and I were resting comfortably in our room. The snow masked all sound, and I was watching it fall from the strangely shaped window above my strange-smelling motel bed. I sighed as I turned my pillow over, trying to find the cold side. Besides some ice and disagreements over what music to play, the drive to Vermont was relatively uneventful. I blared my iPod half the trip, while my wonderful father interrupted me every ten minutes of so to point out some herd of farm animals or a funny license plate. It was a relief to me and my bladder when we finally reached our destination: the Andirons Lodge. While the room was fairly small, it was cozy. I could imagine a fire blazing in the little fireplace. And anyway, we were too tired to care (and our legs were too cramped from the three hour trip). Suddenly, I was jolted awake by the sound which was the equivalent of a motor-boat engine or a low flying plane: my father’s snoring. I popped in my mother’s earplugs and tried to get back to sleep. I woke up to the sound of my father trying to push the door open and the sight of the tundra outside my window. I looked at the red numbers on the alarm clock: 11 o’clock. “DAD! Why didn’t you wake me up?! We should be on the slopes by now!” “THIS GODDAMN DOOR WON’T FRIGGING OPEN!!” Father’s head was beginning to resemble a ripe tomato. There was sweat on his brow as he pushed the stubborn door with all his might. “Dad, I think we’ve established the door won’t open…” I realized that my mouth tasted like morning breath. I ventured into the bathroom to find a nice toothbrush and some mouthwash, but the only thing on the sink was Mom’s hairdryer. I went back into the bedroom and tore through my suitcase, but no toothbrush could be found. Dad was laying on the bed, hitting his head against the headboard. “We’re stuck in here until the goddamn plow comes.” He moaned. “Dad, would you happen to know where my toothbrush is?” “How would I know? Hey, that actually sounds like a good idea. I’ll be right back.” Dad walked the five steps from the bed to the bathroom and came back red-faced. “DIANE! CHRISTINA! WHICH ONE OF YOU HAS MY TOOTHBRUSH?!” Mom and I both claimed innocence (after all, why would we want his toothbrush?), but Father still insisted on going through our suitcases too. Mom asked Father where the last place he saw it was. “Erm… at home I suppose…” Dad smacked himself in the forehead, and began to take on his characteristic red-purple color. With Dad and I both having no toothbrush, mouthwash, or mints, we were left with horrible bad breath. “Hey, Diane?” my father asked, “would YOU happen to have a toothbrush?” “No!” Mother replied hurriedly, “I couldn’t find mine either this morning.” Now, my mother is a terrible liar, so Dad and I exchanged an excited glance. I walked up to her and discovered that she had surprisingly minty-fresh breath. Dad and I waited for Mom to get up to use the facilities, and then we immediately ransacked the room. We flipped things over, and looked in the most obscure places for the toothbrush in question. “FOUND IT!” I yelled. Mom had hidden her toothbrush under her pillow! Mother burst out of the bathroom. “Give… me… my… TOOTHBRUSH!” Mother ran at me at full speed. I threw the toothbrush to Dad, and followed him into the bathroom. We immediately locked the door. Mom shimmied the handle, and then proceded to bang on the door. “Jim! Open this door this instant! You cannot use my toothbrush!” Dad and I have very selective hearing, so we both proceeded to brush our teeth. We walked out of the bathroom with shiny teeth, fresh breath, and smiles on our faces. “Are you two quite satisfied?” she disdainfully asked. We responded only with devilish grins as we sat down on the small couch to watch bad TV.

How can I improve this narrative?
Speak you the days of Sun's warmth quietly. Reverently. This church will open doors Too soon, (much too soon) to galing Autumn's Outrage of being summoned into fire. Fall does not greet us gladly...welcoming. Damping down Summer's heat is a challenge Disquieting. The War, even now, has Begun. Longer shadows announce the first Skirmish. Degree by degree will fall like Icing rain...sleucing into overcoats. Temperatures dropping like fireplace logs Into the hearth of hearts. Heat we wanted Only months before. Now, changing our minds, Wish coolness...never knowing Autumn's War.Could be a sonnet...never know.

What think you of 'Autumn's War'?
I am 14 and I have more to the story I just want to know what people think of the beginning. Chapter One Magic is anything but simple Winter was approaching rapidly that year. It was only November and yet the air was dry. Will walked briskly up the path to his home, the leaves piled on the sides. Once he got inside he began to ply away the many layers of clothing that covered him. “Will, is that you?” His mother called from the kitchen. “Yes,” called Will. He walked into the small kitchen and instantly a thousand smells entered his nostrils. A woman with long, curly red hair turned around and Will saw the face of his mother.“I was getting worried about you,” She said with a smile. “You said you’d be home earlier than this.” “Jamane came in to buy food for the castle,” said Will exasperated. “She always takes forever.” “Jamane, huh,” said Will’s mother with the smallest of a smirk on her face. “I always thought she was pretty, don’t you.” “She’s okay looking,” admitted Will. “But she’s so pompous and stubborn and she’s…and she’s...and she’s JAMANE!” “Okay, Okay, there’s no need to get all worked up. I was only making a statement.” Will’s mother set a plate of cookies onto the small wooden table. “Sorry,” said Will taking a bite of one of the cookies. “Was there a reason why you wanted me to come home early?” “Yes, Aron came over and told me that you need to see him later today.” “Did he give a reason?” “No, but why would he tell me secret information that a sixteen year-old can have?” she said sarcastically, “Just because I’m not a man doesn’t mean that I should be kept in the dark. I mean I was the �man’ in your life when your father, when your father died.” Will sighed; his mother had been going on like this since his birthday. “I’m going to see what Aron wanted,” he said getting up from the small wooden table. “Behave yourself and don’t anger that insane skattle of his.” “Don’t worry. Benewen and I get along much better now.” Will smiled and looked at the scar on his arm that Benewen had given him when he was two. In the shape of a W Will was somewhat proud that the only scar he had reflected his name. Will walked into town and up to Aron’s cottage. He knocked on the door, but there was no answer. “Good, you’re here,” said a grizzly voice behind him. Will turned around to see an old man with short grey hair, electric-blue eyes, and a little fox-like creature weaving around his feet. “Hello Aron. Hello Benewen.” “The W begins his name, but someday it will be his fame,” came the sing-song voice of the skattle. “Okay then,” said Will, he had never gotten use to the way the skattle spoke. “Riddles are hard to make, but mine are certainly not fake. It is not fun to rhyme, especially all of the time.” “Never mind him,” said Aron. He unlocked the door and they stepped inside. The floor was strewn with books and old newspapers. There were two armchairs by the fireplace and a small kitchen in the corner, along with two doors on opposite walls. Aron lit the fire and put a kettle on the wood-burning-stove. “Sit down, sit down,” said Aron waving his hand at the two arm chairs. Will cleared the chairs of newspaper and sat down. “Mom told me that you needed to see me.” “Yes,” said Aron giving Will a hot mug of tea. “Your magic test is scheduled for December and I wanted to make sure you knew what you were doing.” “I have no idea what I’m going to do, but isn’t the test to see if I can do magic?” “Yes it is but you have to know what you’re going to attempt to do.” “Well, what’s simple?” “Magic is anything but simple,” stated Aron, magic was always such a touchy subject with him. “You have to know the Kragle language thoroughly to be able to make anything happen. You have to know exactly what you want to do. You have to have brains Will!” “Okay, Okay,” said Will. This was why he didn’t like Aron very much; he always got worked up about a lot of things, especially magic. “Well then I guess I want to…um…I guess I want to…um what do you suggest?” “For you, I would suggest a decision making charm.” “Okay, how do I do that?” asked Will, partly laughing. Aron laughed. “That one is one of the harder charms. Seriously though, I think that you should try to levitate something.” “Okay what’s the word for it?” “Levitainta,” said Aron. “But make sure you concentrate and point your finger at the object, like this,” Aron pointed his index-finger at Benewen and flicked it while saying “Levitainta Benewen.” The skattle began to levitate and was hissing and scratching at the air. Will laughed and Aron let Benewen come down. “Because he’s master he can do what he pleases but he won’t like it when he gets the sneezes.” Aron smiled at Will and winked. “Can I try?” asked Will “Try you may but not on Benewen I say.” “I think that answers your question,” said Aron with a chuckle. “Try it on that book over there. Say novena” “Levitainta novena,” said Will flicking his finger. The book hovered in the air for a brief moment and collapsed. “That’s great!” said Aron astonished and Will thought he detected the tiniest amount of pride in his voice. “But it fell right away,” said Will confused and a little disappointed. “But it rose,” said Aron. “It rose because you can do magic. You’ve passed the test and you haven’t even taken it yet!” “I have!? Can you teach me more so that I can ace the test?” “Work on lifting objects for now and maybe I’ll teach you a little more.” “Thanks,” said Will and he set his mug down, got up and began to walk to the door. “Tell your mother I said �Hi’,” called Aron. “I will,” said Will and with that he exited the cottage. Chapter two Jamane Will walked home, his mind full of thoughts. Only one child born a year was allowed to use magic when they turned sixteen. Magic users were limited because they had more power than the King! And if Will trained really hard, he may be that one! Imagine him, a lowly shop helper, a wizard! And Aron seemed pleased. Aron, who always seemed so old and angry, yet was treated with the utmost respect, thought he could do it! If it came down to two people, Aron would choose Will to teach! Will rushed home, gave his mother Aron’s greeting, and went to his room. His room was nothing special. There was a small bed pushed against the wall, a desk, and a dresser with a picture on it. Will walked over to the dresser and looked at the picture. It was a sketch of a man with straight, dark-brown hair, like Will’s, and electric-blue eyes, Will’s eyes. “I’m going to make you proud dad,” Will whispered. Will was only a few months old when his father died. King Moragon needed men to fight and chose Will’s dad. Three weeks later, Will’s mother had gotten a letter saying that Will’s father had gone missing. Years passed and there was no word of his father. Eventually he was declared dead. In that time, Aron had moved into town and Benewen had givven Will his scar when he had pulled on the skattle’s tail. For some reason, this memory always made Will smile. Maybe it was because he was now fond of the skattle or maybe it was simply because he liked the shape, the scar had taken. Will picked a rock off the floor and sat on his bed. Not knowing the word for rock he hesitantly decided to use the normal language. “Levitainta rock,” he said, flicking his finger at the rock. The rock rose a little higher than the book had and fell a little later, and he didn’t need the Kragle language! Will tried over and over again until he could lift the rock a foot in the air for a minute. He was going to be the new wizard! There was no way anyone could beat him now, unless everyone else was practicing too. Will hadn’t thought about that before. It would be cheating for Aron to only give him help. He must be giving everyone else help too. Especially the King’s son, Morganarth. Yes, thought Will. Morganarth would most definitely be given help. But maybe he wouldn’t practice. He was, after all, as arrogant as Jamane, if not more. He would think himself to important to practice. Possibly every sixteen year-old boy would think themselves to important to practice. For they were not as poor and lowly as Will. They all had fathers who lived with them. Will looked out his window and saw the moon was high in the sky. He crawled into bed and instantly fell asleep. Will’s dreams were filled with wizards, skattles, and Morganarth. He woke up feeling less confident and lifted the stone in the air just to make sure he really could do it. He walked into the kitchen and ate the oatmeal that was for breakfast. “Are you going to work today?” His mother asked. “I have to,” said Will. “Can you give these quilts to Mrs. Kindle?” “Sure,” said Will taking the blankets from his mother’s hands. “I better get going then,” He said and left the house. He got into town and walked into the grocery store. “Hello Mr. Kindle,” said Will cheerfully. “Mom told me to give these to your wife.” “Ah yes,” said the store owner. “Lillian told me to give you this.” He handed a small pouch of money to Will. “Mr. Fisher also sold me quite a few fish today and I need you to stock them in the ice patches.” “Okay,” said Will. He put his apron on and made his way through the crowded shop to the frozen meat section. He began to place the fish into boxes of ice, when a tanned girl of about fifteen came into the store. “Hello Jamane,” came the voice of Mr. Kindle. “Hello,” said Jamane. She looked around the shop and spotted Will. She smiled at him and he half-heartedly returned it. “What can I do you for?” asked the shop owner. “I need to buy some fish for King Moragon’s supper.” “Lucky for you, we just got some fish in today. Why don’t you help her Will?” “What- oh okay,” said Will not looking forward to this at all. Jamane walked over to him, her long, straight, black hair flowing behind her. “What kind do you want?” “What would you recommend?” she asked, still smiling. “This one’s a large one, fresh and looks good,” said Will trying to get her out of the store as fast as he could. But instead of her getting up to leave, she bent down and reached across his arm to examine the fish herself. As if she knew more about fish than him. “It looks very good,” she agreed looking a little disappointed. “I’ll wrap it up for you.” Will walked over to the counter and began to place paper around the fish. He truly didn’t like the King’s slave. In the same war that Will’s father had died in, Jamane had been taken hostage from her country, Shiqueta and had never even been looked for. She was placed in the King’s service and was a kitchen maid. She was also betrothed to the King’s son, Morganarth. Jamane walked over to the counter. “So when do you test?” she asked. “December,” grunted Will. “Morganarth is testing too.” “Has he shown any sign of magic?” he asked trying not to get his hopes up. “Nothing, Aron’s been working on it with him but nothing has happened yet.” “What’s he suppose to do?” asked Will intrigued against his will. “He’s suppose to lift an object.” “Hmmm. Well there you go,” said Will handing her the package. “Thanks,” said Jamane. “I’ll see you around then Will.” “Yea probably, bye.” Jamane gave Will a strange look, almost a longing one and then turned around and walked out of the store. Morganarth and her would be the perfect couple, he thought. Both arrogant, stubborn, and, (as much as Will hated to admit it, even to himself) Jamane was exceptionally beautiful. Chapter three A life not worth living Will didn’t go directly home after work. Instead he went to Aron’s cottage. He knocked on the door, and Aron allowed him inside. “What do you want boy?” asked the old man. “I wanted to know,” replied Will cautiously. “When you use magic, do you absolutely have to say what you want to do in the Kragle language? Or can you say it in our language?” “Most people have to say it in the Kragle language, but there are a few people who are powerful enough that they can use ours. Why?” “I was just wondering incase I get put into a situation where I need to use magic, but I don’t know the word for it.” “You’re getting ahead of yourself there,” said Aron. “You have to pass the test first. But yes there are a few people who can use magic without the Kragle language, but those people have to be very careful not to do magic when they don’t intend to. And I must warn you Will, it’s not just words that control magic, its feelings too. If you feel very strongly, you can do something that you don’t intend to.” “Can you use magic with out the Kragle language?” asked Will not listening to what Aron just said. “Yes, I am one of those few,” replied Aron. He flicked his finger at a book. “Levitate book,” he said and the book rose high in the air. “As long as it’s not Benewen lifted, master may show that he is gifted,” came Benewen’s voice as he walked in from the other room. “You’re welcome, Benewen,” said Aron smiling and Will laughed. “So have you been practicing?” “Yes,” said Will as though he had been a naughty child caught in the act. “I thought you would be,” said Aron laughing and Will looked up. He wasn’t acting as though he was angry. “Show me what you got.” Will looked at the book Aron had just lifted. “Levitainta novena.” He didn’t want to show that he could do it with the normal language. The book rose high in the air and stayed there for about a minute. “Excellent!” cried Aron when the book came down. “You have been practicing!” “I can do something else too,” said Will deciding on the spot to show Aron. “Levitate book,” and the book rose again. Aron looked stunned. “You’re sixteen right?” “Yes,” said Will nervously. Now he was wondering whether or not this was a good idea. “Most adult wizards can’t do this! For your test though, stick to the Kragle language. And don’t tell anyone that you can do this! If word gets to the King, you will never be allowed out of the castle.” “Secret, secret, secret make your mouth shut and keep it,” said Benewen as he jumped up onto Aron’s lap. “Okay,” said Will nervously. “I won’t tell anyone anything.” “You better get home now,” said Aron. Will got up, scratched Benewen’s ear, and walked out of the cottage. Will was worried now. At the time, he thought that showing Aron what he could do was a good idea. Now he wasn’t so sure. Would Aron tell the King? Surely he wouldn’t. He had told Will not to so why would he? But what if he was forced to said a voice at the back of his mind. If the King found out, Will would become a slave. He would be forced to do the King’s bidding. He would have to fight in any wars. He would have to die to save the soldiers. If he was discovered to have more power than the King, he would be like Aron. Aron came to Arainia two years after Will was born. No one knew anything of his past. He was subjected to take the magic test and passed. The King became extremely worried, for no one had ever been able to perform magic before. The King made Aron move into the capitol, Juna, and become his slave. Aron wasn’t able to do much, for he was under the constant threat of death. All he could do was train any new wizards should they ever appear. Will knew that he had to be careful now or else lead a life that was not worth living.Thank you to everyone who reads this and I really do value your opinion so please comment so that I can make this better.The plot that I have right now has many twists and turns but I'm positive that it will only be enough to fill a 200-300 page book if this all works out right, if that.

Is this a good start for a story?
 
My landlord has it set to 60F and when I wake up its so cold in here I can hardly move because of my Fibromyalgia and its also VERY damp. This morning when I woke up it was 62F in the house. He has told me to use the wood insert in the fireplace but I am not going to be chopping and carrying wood. If I did use it the heat wouldnt come on at all and my bedroom would probably be like an ice cube, its bad enough now. I wish I had known how cheap he is before I moved in, but I couldnt afford to live anywhere else anyhow, I would have been living on the street if not here,  He has lit the wood fire a few times, and it doesnt draw properly so I am still fighing a sinus infection from that. We had frost last night, my car was white when I went outside at 1 AM. Winter is on its way here in BCis that an invitation to visit GW?  and yes if you have an allergy to suspended air particles you CAN get a sinus infection when the sinus become irritated by suspended particles in the air, the irritation leads to sneezing, runny nose and ultimately an infection. This is what my nose and throat specialist told me and I tend to believe him. thanks for your answer all the sameI will call the people who sell those thermostats for directions, I bet he has put in a code though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Top and current news for today. Powered by Blogger